Food Forest Workshop
We are excited to announce our one-day workshop about Food Forest! If you like the idea of growing your own food and enjoy the ambient of forest in the same time – that technique will turn out very useful. It can be applied on every scale, from the backyards and city parks, to the large rainforest areas.
During this workshop we will focus on how does it work in Portugal and how to apply this idea on our exact climate. We will have a tour over the food forest zone on our farm and we will share with you how did we establish it step by step. HERE is the link to our gallery. We will explain the principals of this method and give you a list of examples on what plants to choose from. As the practical part of the course, we will plant couple of example bushes and ground-cover plants.
Topics covered on Food Forest Workshop
- principals of the technique (how is it different to the orchard)
- examples of plants for every layer
- multi-functions of plants
- preparation and care
- cycle of nutrition
- food forest design
- how to chose the best varieties according to the climate
We will start at 10am and finish with a shared lunch at 1pm. No previous experience is needed.
What to bring
- we recommend comfortable clothes and shoes
- notebook, if you wish to take notes
- USB stick or other memory drive, if you would like to receive couple of e-books and materials related to the subject.
- a small dish to share for a lunch time
Saturday @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Start:April 10 @ 10:00 am
- End:April 10 @ 2:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags: